Hi there! Thanks for clicking on this page! I’m so pleased to see you here and really hope you like this site and all the projects I’ll be sharing with you. Whether it’s ideas for home decor, easy DIY & craft projects or furniture makeovers, go on, I’ll wait – go and stick the kettle on, have a cup of tea and make yourself at home!
So, I suppose you would like to find out a bit more about me? Who is girl behind the blog? I mean, why would you have clicked on this page otherwise, right? Well, my name is Marianne and I’m married to my very supportive (he’d tell you “long suffering” but don’t listen to him!) husband Rob. We’ve been married for 26 years (27 this year). Apparently you get less for murder .. or so Rob tells me!
Together we live in Southend on Sea, Essex (which is clearly not shown in the picture above!) and we have two amazing (I’m biased, .. I know!) teenage children, Danny and Sam.
I think it’s fair to say we’re a pretty nutty family and there is never a dull moment in the Fairhead household. And that’s just how we like it! Who has time for dull stuff, right?
More about me
After 26 years working in the NHS I have been given the opportunity to work on this blog and business full time from home. I know! .. How lucky am I?! I’m a real home bird and when I’m not doing the daily chores (you know the boring old stuff..!), I am decorating or on Facebook Market place looking for the next thing to upcycle. Or pinning some new projects on Pinterest. I’m always looking for the next thing I can get my hands on. I just love creating things. (Or as my husband calls it, making something out of nothing. I’m pretty sure it’s the projects he’s talking about…)
Whether you have a large mansion or a small flat, it’s so important that you feel happy with your space. To have a home that is as unique as you are. And the best thing is that it does not have to cost loads of money. Isn’t that the greatest?! I hope this site will help you to find some ideas for your space. You don’t need a lot of experience – you just need to start. Just go for it and see what you can achieve. I promise you, you’ll surprise yourself!
Want some fun facts?
Well alrighty then, here are some random facts about me and our little family.
- In addition to the furbaby on the photo above, we adopted another dog from Thailand. Long story, but she pretty much adopted us when we were on Koh Tao on our family holiday. We just could not leave her on the beach after we found out she was likely to end up in the meat trade. Sooo, meet Thai (..what else would we call her?:)) and Simba. the nutty Goldendoodle. Don’t be fooled by the cute faces! It took soooome doing for these 2 to tolerate each other 😉
- I met Rob in a home for the elderly. Now how’s that for romantic?! I was working as a weekend receptionist and he was visiting his grandmother in Holland (Yup, Rob’s half Dutch!). We became pen pals – this was before mobile phones remember because, well .. we’re old :), and the rest as they say is history! We got married a few years later.
- I love dancing. In my younger days I did ballroom dancing and really miss it (doing Zumba once a week is not quite the same thing!) I secretly dream of being on Strictly one day .. well, a girl can dream!
- I’ve got an obsession with trays. I just love them. Big trays, small trays, wooden, galvanised, tiered, .. you name it, I’ve got one .. in fact possibly more than one!
- I use far too many emoji’s and exclamation marks in my writing!! (see what I did there?) .. Yup, guilty as charged 😉
- Facebook Market place would go bust without me I’m sure. I’m forever buying stuff that is great for a project. Not kidding – I’ll always spot something.
- I can’t go without popping into the Range at least once a week. Nope, just can’t do it.
- I’m from Holland originally (Hallo aan al mijn vrienden en kennissen in Nederland) and so you may see this come through in some of my decor pieces. (and no, I don’t wear clogs! …but I do love tulips!)
- I love colour. Nice bright, happy colours. My absolute all time favourite colour is turqouise. I just adore it – probably because it reminds me of being on holiday. It just makes me feel happy.
- I’m going to be 50 next year .. when did that happen?? No time like the present to have a complete change in career and do something I truly love doing 🙂
- My favourite film is “The Greatest Showman”. It always cheers me up. I love the music, the dancing, the singing. And I mean, it’s got Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron in it .. what’s not to like?
- I’m scared of heights. I try not to let it control me, but it took me half an hour just to step on the glass floor on Tower Bridge. Have you seen those people who walk on the glass bridge in China? .. No .. well watch below – that would sooo be me!!
Anyway, that’s a bit about me 🙂 If you have any questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org – it would be great to hear from you!